DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
The Development Assistant supports the marketing and development of fundraising programs at The ArtsCenter as well as administrative support within our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Database, PatronManager. The Development Assistant reports directly to the Development Director. This is a full-time position and entitled to benefits including vacation, holidays and health insurance.
The Assistant will maintain all individual donor records within our CRM and must have a working knowledge of online database systems. This position will work with the Development Director and other staff to develop strategies and oversee implementation of the organization’s individual giving program, targeted outreach, cultivation and stewardship. This position is integral to building a renewable and sustainable annual giving program. In addition, this staff member will play a major support role in annual Gala and donor cultivation events.
- Work closely with staff and board to develop and implement a creative and comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors, as well as maintain engagement with current donor base of support
- Develop solicitation tracking schedules to ensure appropriate, timely solicitation and closure of pledges and asks
- Develop cultivation strategies to expand and retain the individual donor base at all giving levels and implement plans to identify appropriate gift upgrades
- Support the execution of individual donor and membership programs, including but not limited to targeted mailings and online appeals for annual giving campaigns, stewardship and special events
- Maintain and manage donor records and profiles for existing and prospective funders through database analysis
- Manage and oversee maintenance of database including input of individual records, processing gifts, creating reports and queries.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum two years related marketing and/or development experience. Prior experience working in non-profit fundraising
- Demonstrated success in raising funds from individual donors and cultivating relationships
- Strong special events management experience
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and efficient. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent, clear and compelling writing skills, strong interpersonal communication. Team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of and ability to promote appreciation of music, arts and art education and passion for The ArtsCenter’s mission
Preferred Candidates would have …
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp and other email marketing software with the ability to quickly filter data and use mail merge software in Microsoft products
- Experience with CRM software and its maintenance. Experience with Salesforce or similar large CRM software is a plus
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. No calls please; for more information about the organization go to artscenterlive.org. Interviews will be scheduled after June 30th. The ArtsCenter is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. The ArtsCenter is dedicated to building a diverse staff and creating an inclusive multicultural work environment.