ARTSCAMP TEACHING ARTISTS
ArtsCamps at the ArtsCenter provide opportunities for students entering grades K-12 to explore their creative ideas and develop new artistic skills. We rely on a team of about 50 professional teaching artists in a variety of genres to make our camps a success each summer. To apply to teach summer camps, please fill out this form.
Contact Jesse Hollars, Youth Education Coordinator, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
The ArtsCenter is soliciting resumes for the position of Development Director. The Development Director is responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive development plan to sustain and increase contributions to The ArtsCenter. This includes developing a strategic approach that supports a plan for grant research and solicitation, identification of key prospects, ongoing cultivation of donors and development of new sources of income. This position reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with the Board of Directors in strategic donor development and philanthropy training.
Position Responsibilities Include:
• Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards private sector funds by targeting foundations, corporations, and individuals. Prepares and submits grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization.
• Serves as principal major gifts fundraiser, achieving short- and long-term goals.
• Works with Executive Director and collaborates with Board to create a development plan which increases revenues through clearly defined method of evaluation and measurable goals.
• Participates as a leader in crafting, monitoring, evaluating the development plan. Develops and manages a master development calendar.
• Prepares regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditures related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities.
• Ensures constant, quality research of funding sources and trends to better position The ArtsCenter for future changes in fundraising and the marketplace. Monitors trends in the community or region and adapts fundraising strategies as necessary.
• Develops new and innovative ways to improve the fundraising capacity of the organization and to create new opportunities for contributed income.
• Oversees the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization.
• Maintains donor/member database and sends solicitations and acknowledgement on a regular scheduled basis.
• Manages staff on projects including annual Gala and other administrative tasks.
Skills Required Include:
• Minimum three (3) years working in a full-time fundraising capacity for a nonprofit organization.
• Background and/or interest in the arts and passion to promote the importance of the arts and culture for all in the community.
• Knowledge of philanthropy in the Triangle: Foundations, corporations and other potential funding opportunities in the region.
• Familiarity with CRM software and facility with managing database programs and MS software.
• Ability to build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Strength with effective communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Desire to foster teamwork and to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Capacity to make decisions and to independently assess situations to determine importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
This is a full time salaried position that includes benefits. Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by mail to: The ArtsCenter, 300-G East Main St. Carrboro, NC 27510. Position open until filled; resumes received will be reviewed October 30, 2017. Equal Opportunity Employer.