Production Manager Job Description
The ArtsCenter seeks a highly motivated and detail-oriented Production Manager to join The ArtsCenter (TAC) team in presenting 100+ performances and educational programs yearly. In this full-time position, the Production Manager will align with and support The ArtsCenter in all production and technical needs, supervise freelance lighting and sound crew, advance and execute all incoming shows, and maintain building calendars for all programs.
The Production Manager position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for all front of house and back of house operations and oversight; and ensures maintenance of the venue, its equipment, and systems to provide a superior facility for the community’s use and enjoyment.
The ArtsCenter is a very team oriented atmosphere with staff frequently overlapping in duties and responsibilities. Someone who thrives in a team environment will excel at The ArtsCenter.
- Advance all technical/ hospitality elements for each performance via artist, agents and managers as well as TAC tech and hospitality.
- Excel at either general lighting (ETC console) or sound mixing (analog) or both. The ArtsCenter works with a very strong and talented core of freelance sound engineers and lighting designers, but Production Manager will operate lighting and/ or sound for some performances.
- Production Manager will maintain a somewhat flexible schedule based on The ArtsCenter’s needs; production manager will not be required to work all performances, but will work the majority of performances during the year.
- Maintain Master Calendar and coordinate scheduling of all building activities.
- Oversees management of 20,000 sq/ft of facility and works with contractors on maintenance and repairs.
We are looking for an individual who is an organized, creative, efficient team player with a genuine interest and demonstrated background in music and theater, production, event coordination, community outreach, and/ or arts management.
The candidate must be able to efficiently manage a wide-range of tasks with accuracy, grace and humor– demonstrating a “let’s-do-this” attitude. This person must be able to juggle multiple projects at a time, meeting strict deadlines and working well under pressure. We are looking for a solution-finder, with the ability to calmly and efficiently solve problems. Candidate must be a strong manager of time, with the ability to deftly handle a variety of tasks. They must be discreet, able to handle sensitive information with reliability, maturity, and confidence. Also, must be able to spot opportunities to make a positive difference. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Some heavy lifting of furniture, set pieces, props, instruments, and other equipment is required.
Salary negotiable based on experience. Benefits included. For consideration, please send letter and resume to: Dan Mayer @ firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Manager Applicant” in the subject line. Interviews will be scheduled after June 26th. Equal opportunity employer.