The ArtsCenter in Carrboro is hiring for the House Manager position
This is a part-time, support position responsible for overseeing the box office during evening, daytime, and weekend events and classes. Duties include but are not limited to: selling tickets to events, registering students for classes, handling money and basic box office accounting reports, setting up for performances, and assisting other departments with administrative tasks.
To apply for the House Manager position, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DUTIES OF ARTSCENTER HOUSE MANAGER
The house manager is responsible for overseeing the box office during daytime, evening and weekend events and classes, selling tickets to events, and registering students for ArtSchool classes. House Managers must have excellent customer service skills since they are often the first person with whom patrons will interact with. It is the house manager’s responsibility to assist everyone who comes to the box office and to have a presence in the box office at all times. House Managers report to the Box Office Manager and Managing Director. Administrative tasks may also be assigned by other department heads.
It is the responsibility of each House Manager to cover her or his assigned hours. In the event that a House Manager is unable to cover his or her shift due to illness or other unavoidable circumstance, it is her/his responsibility to obtain alternate coverage (from among the other house managers) for the days s/he will not be able to work.
In unusual circumstances, when coverage is not possible to obtain, the house manager will inform her/his supervisor that coverage is unavailable. The supervisor is then responsible for house management of that particular day.
The House Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of performances and classes held at The ArtsCenter, including but not limited to:
- Check the set-up of Theater(s) to make sure seating arrangement(s) meets the needs of the performance(s).
- Assure the needs of the performers are met and that the show starts on time, and if the show cannot start on time, to keep the audience apprised of the situation.
- Make curtain announcements when necessary.
- Make sure theater is presentable after events- this includes doing a general walkthrough of the theater and picking up trash if necessary.
- Manage Box Office, including selling tickets, reconciling ticket sales and paying performers.
- Manage issues and problems that may occur during performances.
- Crowd management.
- Overseeing bartenders; reconciling bar sales at the end of the evening; finding a replacement bartender or covering themselves if the bartender does not show up
- Training and supervising community service workers and volunteers.
- Oversee setup and cleanup.
- Manage issues and problems that may occur during rental.
- Settle payment.
- Make sure classrooms are set up as needed.
- Assist instructors with any special needs.
- Sell & reconcile swing tickets on Tuesday & Wednesday nights.
- Register students for classes when possible.
Communicate with Operations Director about any issues that arise during their shifts through the House Manager logbook or other means.
Oversee the completion of the list of chores for community service workers left by the Box Office Manager or Managing Director, and ensure its completion. If something is unable to be completed, a note must be left for the supervisor as to why it was left uncompleted. House managers are responsible for the completion of these tasks.
Oversee the general cleanliness and appearance of the facility. This includes ensuring all chairs and tables are returned to their proper places on a daily basis, and checking cleanliness of the lobby, gallery, and bathrooms periodically throughout shifts.