Otterness – Saturdays, Nov 6, 13 & 20, 9am – 10am (Online)
This three class online session will cover handbuilt Christmas ornaments. In the first class students will learn how to handbuild several ornaments. The second class will cover decorating with slip and underglaze. In the final class we will discuss glazing bisqued ornaments. Students are encouraged to research ornaments online for guidance and inspiration. Questions are welcome throughout the online class and at the end. Directions for clay pick up, work drop off, and glazing options will be given once students are registered for class.
- 8 piece clay tool set can be purchased online for $10-$20 (can also just use fork, butter knife, old credit card)
- rolling pin or soup can for flattening clay
- flat, stable, waterproof work surface
- Recommended but not required: cookie cutters, textured fabric (doilies, fruit mesh bags, burlap), leaves (fresh sage works really well) and stamps.
- computer with video and sound capacities
All ArtSchool registrations have a $3 processing fee added upon check-out.
ArtsCenter members receive 15% off the cost of this course!