Stacye Leanza – Tuesdays, Jun 7 – Jun 28, 6:30pm-9:00pm (In-Person)
**THIS CLASS WILL BE OFFSITE**
Sketchbook Journaling is a dynamic way to capture your life’s events in a sketch book. We’ll meet out in the (post-covid?) world, in all its newness, and draw the surroundings, noticing what has changed. Students will learn techniques to quickly capture the expression of the human form, using light and shadow. Also, how to capture the light, and use it expressively. Great for travelers! & for loosening up, too!
We’ll meet at venues without vaccine requirements, but masks will be required.
Find more info here: http://www.leanza-art.com/events
- Sketchbook(s) – 9 x 12” or thereabouts, spiral bound. You may also want a smaller one. 80# paper is good.
- 2 Clips (such as 2” bulldog clips) (for when it’s windy)
- Pencil sharpener (Staedtler is good) or retractable blade (for pencil users)
- Water brush, round; info & examples:
Dick Blick is great:
- Watercolor crayons (see examples below)*
- Any other pens or pencils of your choice – except charcoal / pastel (too messy)
- **Please plan to bring some cash to spend on the places we will visit. It doesn’t need to be a lot!
*Recommended Examples only – (Not required)
Caran D’ache Neocolor II watercolor crayons (15 colors)
Derwent Artbar Set of 24 colors
Koh-I-Noor Mondeluz Aquarelles Watercolor Pencils
Derwent Academy Watercolor Pencils (set of 12)
Prismacolor Brush Tip Markers – Set of 24, Assorted Colors
Le Plume II Dual-Tipped Markers – Set of 12 Markers, Basic Colors
All ArtSchool registrations have a $3 processing fee added upon check-out.
ArtsCenter members receive 15% off of the cost of this course!
All ArtSchool classes are 15 years old and up unless otherwise specified.