Scott Myers– Mondays, Aug 8 – Sep 5, 6:00pm-8:30pm (In-person)
Together, we will go through the steps of creating a believable, and beautiful landscape from your own hands. I will paint along side you. Step by step. All styles, skills and enthusiasms are welcome. Students are asked to bring in a photograph, or iPad image that they’ve taken. A picture that inspires them, and that they would like to express on canvas. You will leave the class with several sketches, a bit of confidence, and one, well done, painting. Art guaranteed.
- Acrylic Pad. 10 sheets. 9×12 or larger.
- 1 Canvas. 24 x 36 or larger.
- Any and all brushes you have collected and are curious to learn about. There is no one correct brush. Any single brush can be enough to paint a wonderful picture. Bring your favorite, or least favorite. Both will work.
- A tube of Titanium White.
- A tube of Ivory Black.
- Raw Umber
- Cadmium Red
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cerulean Blue or Pthalo blue, either or both.
- These are the must have colors. Anything else you want to bring, we will find a way to use.
- Empty bucket for cleaning brushes
- Spray bottle
Masks must be worn at all times. Students are required to show instructors a proof of vaccination before attending in-person classes. Refunds and exchanges are not offered for in-person classes offered during the pandemic.
All ArtSchool registrations have a $3 processing fee added upon check-out.
ArtsCenter members receive 15% off of the cost of this course!
All ArtSchool classes are 15 years old and up unless otherwise specified.