As the world continues its wild & wobbly spinning, we are still in uncharted territory, navigating sharp twists & turns in what used to be normal, everyday life.
Recording your journey in a sketchbook is an excellent way to cope with the challenges. I’ll offer techniques to help you capture the essence of our new world, & make some sense of it at the same time.
You will create a meaningful, personal chronicle of this chaotic time, that you can reflect upon long after it’s over.
Class will be held live on Zoom, & will include instruction, demo, face-to-face discussion & critique. Artwork will be done outside of class. Students will share their work in a Google Photo album. Teens welcome!
Virtual Sketchbook Journaling MATERIALS
Materials don’t need to be fancy, you can probably use what you have hanging around the house. The sketchbook is the most important thing.
- – 9 X 12” Sketchbook* (or thereabouts; exact size not necessary) Preferably 80# paper
- – sketch pens, pencils, &/or markers*, it doesn’t need to be fancy.
- – A black pen would be good.
- – For color (pick one, or more, if you like):
- Crayons, especially watercolor crayons, or:
- Colored pencils / markers, or
- Watercolors + brushes, or
- Gouache / acrylic paint
* Here’s one you can order from Dick Blick (speedy shipping)
And one from Jerry’s Artarama:
A bit about Zoom:
- All sessions take place via the new improved “GCM encryption” Zoom.
- Students will be able to see and talk with each other!
- I’ve been art coaching online for a few months now, & it’s an easy fit. There are multiple easy & effective ways to share artwork. We’ll meet before the first session for a brief tutorial.
- Email me if you have questions: email@example.com
Leanza – Wednesdays, June 10th-July 1st, 6pm-8:30pm (TACOL Spring 2020)
This class is conducted online! A computer with audio, video, and internet functionality is required. Student gives permission for The ArtsCenter and for instructor to use their image and comments in class recordings for promotional non-commercial purposes. Refunds and exchanges are not offered for online classes.
All ArtSchool registrations have a $3 processing fee added upon check-out.
ArtsCenter members receive 15% off of the cost of this course!