To protect the health and safety of our community during the pandemic, The ArtsCenter has moved its programming online. We will be rolling out new online classes throughout the spring and summer!
Please view the current selection of online classes here. To receive updates about new classes, workshops, youth education opportunities, and more, subscribe to The ArtsCenter’s newsletter!
Students who have had their classes cancelled due to the pandemic may either receive a partial refund for the classes they will miss, or they may donate that portion of their tuition to The ArtsCenter. We ask that in lieu of requesting a refund you consider converting your remaining tuition into a donation to The ArtsCenter, supporting our mission of educating and inspiring artistic creativity and enriching the lives of people of all ages. The ArtsCenter is the largest employer of arts workers in the area, and is the heart of the arts in our community. We rely upon revenue from shows, classes and our youth programming—with your support we will be able to sustain our organization and the arts community in these uncertain times. Simply email us and let us know you are converting your tuition to a donation, and we will send you a tax letter. If you need more information on how you can help, please contact our Development Director, Fleming Samuels, at email@example.com.
To receive a partial refund for classes missed due to the pandemic, please email our Finance Director, Laurie Weller, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this contact information has been updated because we will be operating with reduced staffing for the foreseeable future. Please be advised that it may take some time to process refunds.
ArtSchool is now Online!
The ArtSchool offers a diverse range of art classes to adults of all ages. The oldest program of The ArtsCenter, the ArtSchool has provided year-round community arts education to Triangle residents for 50 years. Professional artists provide quality arts education in subjects as varied as ceramics, digital arts, and dance.
Registration & Policies
- Please register in advance to ensure your enrollment. Courses with insufficient enrollment will be cancelled in advance of the first class meeting. The ArtsCenter will contact you via email if your class is canceled.
- All courses are open to adults and teens ages 15 & up unless otherwise noted. Thirteen and 14 year olds may be admitted to many courses— please check with the instructor prior to registering.
- All materials fees are paid directly to the instructor at the first class meeting (please bring exact change), except where otherwise noted in the course description.
- You may also register online at www.artscenterlive.org, in person at The ArtsCenter front desk, or by phone (929-2787 x 201) with a credit or debit card.
- The ArtsCenter box office hours:
- Monday through Friday: 12:30pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00pm – 4:00pm (30 minutes after curtain on show nights)
- Please make checks payable to The ArtsCenter. There will be a $25 service charge on returned checks.
- College students with ID are eligible for Member prices.
- Material lists are provided to students for certain classes. Students may wish to wait until their class has met its minimum enrollment before purchasing their materials. The ArtsCenter is not responsible for materials purchased for a class that is canceled. Please contact the front desk to inquire if your class has met its minimum.
All refund requests must be made via email to email@example.com.
You may request a full refund up to 5 business days prior to the start date of your course.
You may request a transfer of your enrollment up to 5 business days prior to the start date of your course.
We do not process requested refunds or transfers within 5 business days of the start of a class, nor after the class has begun.
Sometimes external events (low enrollment, teacher illness, etc…) require us to cancel a course.
In these cases, The ArtsCenter will inform you of the cancellation 1-3 business days prior to the start of the class via email, and process your refund immediately.
ArtSchool scholarships are given out on a semester-by-semester basis. Please fill out and return this application with the requested support materials to The ArtsCenter Box Office during business hours, or mail to 300-G East Main St. Carrboro NC 27510.